Our priority is to provide reliable and valuable information to help readers make the right choice in the world of online casinos. CasinoNow Canada is a free casino portal for our visitors, but we do make some money by dealing with casino partners for our maintenance. Nevertheless, this doesn’t effect the results of our tests and reviews in any way.
Our experts always carry out unbiased assessments of the various online casino topics. We provide you with rankings of the best online casinos according to the selection criteria. Our main goal is to provide reliable guidance to our loyal readers so that they can have the best gaming experience.
Bitcoin Casinos Test in Canada: Complete Anonymity
April 19, 2021
22 min read
Our priority in CasinoNow Canada is to guarantee locals an excellent experience playing online casinos. Our tests & reviews are always unbiased. Sometimes an online casino is 100% convincing and we decide to partner with it. However, this does not affect the objectivity of our assessment.
5 / 5
Review and rating formation is carried out according to many criteria. To evaluate the payment method, its reliability and safety, convenience, popularity in a certain country are checked. As well as the availability of a payment method in the recommended online casinos.
The allowance of Bitcoin casinos in Canada has modernized the game and made online gambling much more convenient. Improvements have been made as now players are able to make deposits and withdrawals swiftly and without requirements of financial account details. Bitcoin casinos send the payment code to players which they, later on, use to select Bitcoin as the payment method and schedule payments. Moreover, it is the most secure payment method that eliminates the possibility of having credit card information stolen. The possibility of making mobile payments using Bitcoin makes your playing even more available and enjoyable.
A great thing for players is that the Bitcoin casinos in Canada are in expansion as more and more casinos are making this payment method valid. This guide will show players a wide choice of Bitcoin casinos and how to get started on the road to have much cozier online gambling. It is crucial to know all the facts on the subject as Bitcoin deposits and cash deposits differ.
Top Bitcoin Casinos in Canada 2020
€20 – €10000
- A huge selection of games available made by top tier software providers
- The customer support team is at its best, with live chat, email and phone support
- PlayAmo Casino is a completely legitimate venture, fully licensed by the top iGaming authorities.
€10 – €1000
- A solid selection of software providers
- Customer service is available to contact 24/7
- Live chat option is especially useful in this sense
€10 – €10000
- Woo Casino features support for cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin cash, alongside other payment methods
- The owner of Woo Casino, Direx N.V. is a legitimate, trusted operator of several top-tier online casinos
- There is a nice bonus for the new players in the form of several hundred free spins for the slots
€10 – €5000
- Thousands of available games that the players can play – made by top tier developers
- Big welcome deposit bonus for new players in the form of free betting money
- Dozens of live games to enjoy in the live casino section
€10 – €5000
- Fully licensed and legit online casino – owned by the Palace Group
- Some of the best games made by reputable developer Microgaming
- Big casino bonuses especially for the new players
Table of Contents
- Make Casino Deposits With Bitcoins
- Make Casino Withdrawal With Bitcoin
- How We Tested Bitcoin Casinos
- Security and Safety of Bitcoin Gambling Sites
- Features of Bitcoin Casino Payments
- Bitcoin Basics For Beginners
- Bitcoin Use Is Powering New Online Casinos
- Bitcoin Gambling Sites FAQ – Main Questions & Answers
Make Casino Deposits With Bitcoins
The process of depositing into your online casino account with Bitcoins is quick and convenient. The few steps that it takes to make a deposit this way will have you playing your favorite games in no time. Here are the steps to making a casino deposit with Bitcoins:
- Your casino will email you a link to an e-wallet that they have connected to your player account with them.
- Load the deposit page for the casino of your choice and select Bitcoin as your desired payment option.
- Click on the button to initiate a deposit.
- Check your phone for a code sent by the casino.
- Enter the code into your e-wallet account and select your withdrawal amount.
Advantages of Bitcoin Casino Deposits
Of all the payment methods players in Canada and other parts of the world can use, none is more secure than Bitcoins. The typical deposit issues that could happen with other transaction types can’t happen when digital currency is used. This is one advantage of Bitcoin casino play. While it can be easy for someone to have their credit card stolen, Bitcoins can’t be. Only someone who owns Bitcoins can transfer the ownership of them to someone else.
At the vast majority of Bitcoin casinos, the typical deposit methods often come with a fee that, as the player, you have to pay. The good news is that you will never have to pay deposit fees again if you exclusively use Bitcoins. Since these deposits are automatically accepted there is no need for online casinos to charge a fee for it. For this reason, online casinos prefer that their players use this deposit method.
Make Casino Withdrawal With Bitcoin
It is easy to withdraw from online casinos if you want to receive your payment in Bitcoins. These are the steps for doing so:
- Link your online gaming account to your e-wallet account.
- Enter the information the casino requests for a withdrawal.
- Sit back and wait for your withdrawal to appear in your e-wallet.
By following these simple steps you will be well on your way to enjoying the convenience of Bitcoin withdrawal. When you see how fast and easy, it is you will never want to use another withdrawal method again. Using Bitcoins makes online gambling easier than it was before.
Advantages of Bitcoin Casino Withdrawals
There are many advantages of withdrawing your casino winnings from any Bitcoin casino. One of the reasons Bitcoin casinos are so popular is that when you use this withdrawal method your bank will never know what you are doing. Many banks don’t allow deposits of money that came from an online casino. When you withdraw your winnings as Bitcoins your identity is kept completely anonymous. There is no chance that your bank will be able to come between you and your winnings. This is the biggest advantage of Bitcoin withdrawals from an online casino, making it the preferred option of many.
How We Tested Bitcoin Casinos
Since our Bitcoin casino Canada have broad deposit and withdrawal limits, you have a lot of freedom with them. Whether you are a high roller or a casual player, we can recommend the ideal casino for you. All of the casinos we recommend include the best games in the industry.
- Withdrawal options/timetable
- Deposit options/timetable
- Minimum withdrawal amount
- Minimum deposit amount
- Trusted software
- Security measures
- Customer service satisfaction level
Security and Safety of Bitcoin Gambling Sites
Using Bitcoins at any of the sites recommended by CasinoNow is always safe to do. While other payment methods have the potential for instability, Bitcoin casinos are completely secure. There are many layers of encryption embedded into each Bitcoin. Combined with the verification process you must navigate, there is virtually no chance of anything going amiss.
While none of our recommended casinos has yet won an award based on being Bitcoin friendly, they all promise a safe and secure experience when you use your Bitcoins for deposits or withdrawals. Trusted sites like the ones we endorse are the some of the best choices for safe and secure player payments. We would never recommend a casino that doesn’t keep your Bitcoin transactions secure. With stellar reputations, CasinoNow recommendations point you towards the places online where you can play with confidence knowing that your money won’t ever be compromised.
Features of Bitcoin Casino Payments
When you use Bitcoins to make online casino payments there are quite a few features you will appreciate. One of them is that unlike with other payment forms, most of the time you won’t encounter any fees associated with their use. Credit card deposits can cost you a percentage of the amount of your purchase when you fund your casino account. Bitcoin purchases never come with the same stigma. Since it is instant and anonymous you can completely avoid any unnecessary fees.
However, there are some pitfalls to using Bitcoins, even at the casinos we recommend. The main pitfall is that, unlike other types of currencies, the value of a Bitcoin can change at any moment. There are several factors that determine the value of a Bitcoin. In this way, using them to fund online gambling is a risk that you may or may not want to take.
Legality of Bitcoin Casinos In Canada
There is no law preventing Bitcoin casinos from operating in Canada. One of the reasons Bitcoin use has become so popular at Canadian online casinos is that accepting payments and authorizing withdrawals is legal to do.
The main reason Bitcoin use is legal is that technology allows changes faster than laws do. As an online casino player, this is good news for you. It means that right now there is nothing stopping you from using Bitcoins when playing at online casinos in Canada. Many players feel that Bitcoins are the best thing to happen to online gambling in many years.
Bitcoin Casino Payment Methods – Fees & Limits
Bitcoin deposits are processed with no fees or limits imposed. This is because digital currencies don’t have to be verified the same way credit/ debit deposits do. Therefore, when you deposit with Bitcoins you will be playing right away. The best part about everyone in the CasinoNow family is that none of them charges you fees for using Bitcoins. We know that avoiding fees is important to you and we keep this in mind when choosing which casinos to recommend. This is why we want to arm you with all the information you need to use Bitcoins for all of your online gambling needs.
Bitcoin Casino Payments – Time Frames
In most cases, Bitcoin payments are processed instantly when used to fund a casino account. The only reason why a payment might be delayed is if the casino in question has not yet verified your identity. Otherwise, as soon as you make a Bitcoin payment you will be able to start playing.
Casino Games Available Via Bitcoin Deposit
When you use Bitcoins to play casino games online, you have access to a huge variety of slot machine and casino games. At Bitcoin casinos we recommend, such as Jackpot City, you can choose from 500 desktop games and over 200 games on mobile. They include titles like Game of Thrones, Mermaid Millions, Video Poker, and Blackjack.
Another of our recommended sites, All Slots gives you the chance to play games like Agent Jane Blonde, Thunderstruck II, 3 Card Poker, and Premiere Roulette. Betway gives you the chance to play Multiplayer Roulette, Atlantic City Blackjack, Starburst, and Dead or Alive, among many others.
Bitcoin Casino Payments on Mobile
Canadian players can use the mobile versions of their favorite casinos to make Bitcoin deposits. When making a deposit with most mobile casinos, the process is the same as it would be online. Casinos like 888 have different apps for players in different countries around the world, including Canada. You need to download the 888 Casino app for Canadian players in order to use your Bitcoins. However, as of this writing you cannot directly use Bitcoins with the casino. What you can do is put your Bitcoins on a prepaid credit card that you can then use to place your bets.
Disadvantages of Bitcoin Online Casinos
Overall, there are not very many disadvantages to using Bitcoins to play at online casinos. The one drawback is that not every casino will let you place your bets using Bitcoins. While CasinoNow can recommend many that do, there are many more that do not offer Bitcoins as an option for either deposits or withdrawals. The only other disadvantage of using Bitcoins at an online casino is that not everyone understands how to use them. Bitcoin transactions are like no others that players are used to. You may find yourself struggling to use this currency if it is unfamiliar to you.
Bitcoin – Comparison With Other Casino Payment Methods
Bitcoin Basics For Beginners
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is not currently regulated by any government in the world. It can be bought and sold online and has many uses outside of online gambling. Yet for your needs, it is important to know that Bitcoin is a currency that is instantly made available when you make a deposit into an online casino account in Canada.
In order to get started, you must create a Bitcoin account and gain a basic understanding of how, as a Canadian player, you can use it. You will have to choose among Canada’s many widely used Bitcoin wallets. Learning about the history of the currency will help you understand how to use it. While Bitcoins are the most common digital currency to use for online gambling, there are other digital currencies as well.
How To Create/Set Up A Bitcoin Account
- Choose if you want to use a hardware, software or Internet based e-wallet for your digital currency. While most players prefer a software e-wallet, an Internet based version is just as good.
- Once you have chosen a wallet, the first thing to do is give it a name you will remember.
- You will then need to choose the type of wallet you want. Options can include standard and two-factor authentication.
- The next step is to indicate you want to create a new seed. It is important to keep this information somewhere for future reference.
- You will be asked to choose a password for your account. This information should also be saved for future use.
How And Where To Use Bitcoin In Canada – Guide
Bitcoin payments are accepted by many businesses in Canada. For this reason, opening a Bitcoin account is good for more than just making online casino deposits and withdrawals. You can also use this currency to purchase items from retailers such as Overstock.com.
However, in order to pay with Bitcoins you must order from the retailer’s website, as their mobile site does not accept this type of payment. It also important to note that the retailer does allow returns of items purchased with Bitcoins. Another retailer that accepts Bitcoins is Newegg. The retailer accepts three different types of Bitcoin payments and offers exclusive deals to those who pay with this currency.
The Most Popular Bitcoin Wallets In Canada
There are many Bitcoin wallets that are used throughout Canada.Some of the most popular hardware wallets in the country are Ledger Nano (both X and S,) Trezor (One and Model T,) and KeepKey. When it comes to software wallets, popular choices include Coinomi, Armory and Trust Wallet Coinbase.
Hardware wallets are always more secure than software wallets are. With no chance of them being hacked into, you can rest assured your money will stay safe until you need it. However, hardware wallets are password protected and cannot be recovered in the event that you forget what your chosen password is.
Bitcoin – History & Milestones
Though Bitcoins have only been made known to the public within the last decade, the concept first originated in 1998. At that time a computer engineer wrote a scholarly paper detailing what he called B-money. What he described was what is now known as digital currency.
After this scholarly paper was published, Nick Szabo published his own work stating that a decentralized digital currency was in the works. He and his predecessor laid the groundwork for today’s Bitcoins. In January of 2009 the first blockchain was created in order to facilitate the transfer of digital currency. The following year, the first ever Bitcoin purchase was made by a man buying pizza.
Cryptocurrency began changing hands officially in March of 2010. Over the course of the next three years, Bitcoins sparked competition from other newly created digital currencies such as Litecoin. This resulted in a total of 10 different digital currencies available for use.
Crypto Alternatives To Bitcoin
While Bitcoins may be the best known digital currency, they are not the only ones that online casinos accept. Alternatives to Bitcoin currency include Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and Ethereum. Select Bitcoin casinos will accept these currencies as well:
- As an open source software, Litecoins work the same as any other digital currency. Like Bitcoin, there is a blockchain for Litecoins to facilitate their exchange for various goods and services. However, the blockchain for Litecoins has a larger capacity than the blockchain for Bitcoins, making the use of Litecoins more efficient.
- Dogecoins are marketed as a much easier digital currency to use. A younger generation of consumers seem to prefer Dogecoins, as evidenced by their use on both Reddit and Twitter.
- Dash is short for digital cash, and you can have the option of using it openly or privately. This means that you choose whether your Dash transactions are anonymous or not.
- Ethereum is not quite as well known as the other digital currencies but is just as viable. While it is great for online gambling, this currency is ideal for programmers too.
Bitcoin Fact Check
- Bitcoins are not controlled by an individual. Instead, control goes to every individual who uses this digital currency. Software that tracks Bitcoin use is made available to anyone who owns them.
- If Bitcoins were an unlimited currency, they would have no monetary value. For this reason, throughout the entire world there are only 21,000,000 Bitcoins in circulation.
- The value of an individual Bitcoin rises depending on the number in circulation at any given time. They get their worth from those who use them to make purchases.
- Unlike other types of currencies, Bitcoins are actually transparent. Blockchains are open for anyone to view at any time. As a result, Bitcoin is one of the world’s most trusted currencies.
- Bitcoins are mined much the same way coal is mined. This involves computer programs being used to solve the math problems that result from Bitcoin transactions.
Bitcoin Use Is Powering New Online Casinos
Being able to use Bitcoins to pay for online gambling has changed the face of the industry forever. It is, by far, the quickest and easiest payment method to use. Due to the benefits for players as well as casinos, some are embracing Bitcoins as an option. The rise of Bitcoin gambling sites is eclipsing traditional online Canada casinos. For this reason, investing in Bitcoins is a great way to make online gambling and purchases easier in the future. The anonymous nature of Bitcoin use is the driving force behind its inclusion as a deposit/withdrawal option in the online gambling industry.
However, the discovery of this digital currency and its benefits is a significant game changer. Online casino operators now have a way to offer Canadian players (and everyone else) a safe way to gamble that they never had before. If you were ever hesitant to try online gambling in the past, any Bitcoin casino should put your fears to rest. You take no risk when you place bets with Bitcoins, because they can’t be compromised like other payment methods can. For this reason, Bitcoin casino Canada have a promising future in the gambling industry.
Articles on payment methods at online casinos in Canada
Bitcoin Gambling Sites FAQ – Main Questions & Answers
What are Bitcoins and why do they require a wallet?
Bitcoins are a digital currency that can be used to make online purchases anonymously, including deposits into casino accounts. The reason why you need a Bitcoin wallet is that it is the equivalent of having an account with a bank. The wallet is where you keep your Bitcoins safe until you are ready to spend them. Without a wallet your Bitcoins wouldn’t have a home and you would have no way to keep track of them. Since Bitcoin wallets are password protected no one else will be able to access your money unless you give them your password.
Is it safe to use Bitcoins for casino payments?
It is 100% safe to use Bitcoins for casino payments. The multiple layers of encryption used to create Bitcoins prevents them from being hacked into and stolen by thieves. When you pay an online casino with Bitcoins your transaction is usually approved instantly. This means that your payments will never be in danger of being compromised, giving you peace of mind.
What are the Bitcoin casino RTP rates?
Bitcoin casino Canada RTP rates fluctuate because the value of Bitcoins fluctuates as well. In general online casinos aim for a high RTP rate for their Bitcoin games. As more casinos start to accept Bitcoins more information will be available about these rates.
What is the difference between µɃ and mɃ?
Both are uses of measurement. They are different amounts, with µɃ being higher. It used for currency exchange when it comes to digital payments.
About the author
James Taylor is the chief editor of CasinoNow Canada Portal. This is the professional name of our bilingual go-to guy who adds value to all our work. He has been working as editor-in-chief at CasionNow Canada since 2018. Previously, he studied at the University of Quebec in Montreal and worked in market research companies.